Congratulations on your admission to the GW PhD in Translational Health Sciences program. Please bookmark this page for easy reference to important information and resources.
- Login to the GWeb Info System and Claim Your GW Email Address
Login to the GWeb Info System
The GWeb Info system allows you to register for classes, pay your bill, change your address, and check your grades.
To log in to the GWeb Info System:
- Go to the MyGW portal.
- On the left-hand side, click on "GWeb Info System."
- Enter your UserID (i.e. your GWid). You can find your GWid in your acceptance email.
- Enter your PIN (your birthdate) in the MMDDYY format.
- You will then be prompted to change your PIN and set up a security question.
Claim Your GW Email Account
Within a few days of accepting your offer of admission you will receive an email from GW IT asking you to claim you assigned GW email address within 48 hours.
All official university communication will be sent to your GW email address only. You should plan to check your GW email a few times each week or forward your GW email to another email address you check regularly.
- Learn About the Blackboard Classroom
Blackboard is the platform for your online courses and the portal for syllabi, course-related materials, assignments, assessments, and communication features provided by each instructor.
Before classes begin, students are encouraged to login to Blackboard and review the Blackboard Student Guides, which are located in the upper right hand corner of the course administration homepage. Here, students learn how to navigate the Blackboard environment through several instructional videos. Enrolled students may access these guides at any time.
- Review the GW Code of Academic Integrity
The GW Code of Academic Integrity governs all students at the university and is a symbol of the commitment to academic honesty, mutual respect, and moral integrity that the GW community values and nurtures. As a new student in the university, your entry into the GW community is an agreement to these standards and principles.
- Visit the Student Resources Webpage
The Student Resources webpage includes links to the following areas:
- Advising and Registration
- Paying for Classes
- Academic Resources and Policies
- Technology Support